January 28, 2017 marks the beginning of Chinese New Year, a two-week celebration marking the shift toward the rising energy of Spring.
The holiday falls on the second New Moon after the Winter Solstice, marking our journey back toward longer days and the shift from dormant winter to the rise of Earth’s energy. The two-week long celebration concludes with the Full Moon on February 10.
Here in North Lake Tahoe, CA where I live, I can feel the beginning swell from deep inside the Earth rousing seeds to start the upward journey to meet the sun and longer days, even though there is nothing that even looks close to Spring. Everything here is buried under newly fallen 200+ inches of snow. [However, the skiing is the best in 20 years! I think we’ll have enough water!]
Winter is Nature’s time for going deep inside ourselves, nourishing the seeds for the new harvest and cycles of life which will bring opportunities for growth.
Last year was, for many of us, a year to focus on endings and to release what holds us down. Perhaps you shifted ways of seeing, being and relating to claim more of your time, energy and beauty for yourself?
2017’s energy brings a year of new beginnings, one in which we are will be served especially well if we can be impeccable in our thoughts, words, actions, efforts and our spaces.
2017 is the Year of the Yin Fire Rooster. Take the time to dive into your inner world (Yin) and keep the ember of self-love (Fire) glowing and honored; champion (Rooster) your Heart’s Truth, be self-referential, self-reliant, and give to community.
Bring some Fire energy into your world to remind you to honor yourself, claim your worth, and share your gifts/talents. Red, orange and even vibrant purple are colors that support us this year.
In the outside world, Fire enlightens and also burns away the unnecessary dross, exposing what has lain hidden. Rooster crows, so be alert to ways you can gently speak your truth and be known for the gifts you posses and can bring to your world.
- You can still purge what doesn’t serve you, clean and organize everything in your world, touch it all with love.
- Introduce delightful sound via uplifting music, chimes, laughter, or even flowing water. Change your spaces to reflect who you really are.
- Honor all your entrances and the area of your rooms and home, offices and buildings associated
- Clean the areas associated with your Reputation and Fame: the furthest most middle third. Be sure it’s bright and represents what you want to be known for.
- Look at the artwork around you: what does it represent? what does it say to you?
- What are the colors you are living with? The grey tones that have been trending for so long are now giving way to softer, warmer grey/beige tones, lighter walls and white kitchens are attractive to us. Creation of a color scheme that is current, relevant AND supports your energy and purpose takes a little time but is well worth the effort. Contact me if you’d like your personal color palette for your home or office.
Feng Shui Time and Space
Nine Star Ki is the Japanese system of relating time to our spaces and our bodies…everything is interconnected.
According to Nine Star Ki, the energy influence of this year in general
- Will support us to look deeply into our own inner well for inspiration.
- We are cautioned in our communication — it may sound like we are talking “under water” translate: clarify and ask those to whom you are speaking to “mirror” back what you have said. That little trick can save you countless irritation and miscommunication.
- Give us the opportunity to slow down, look inside for the answers and then gently bring them forth to our own world.
Each of us will feel the influence of the 1 Water year, and each of us has 3 other influences according to Nine Star Ki. Click here to get your Feng Shui Energy makeup. The information is uncanny; I use this in my consultations and it helps me help others change their lives, relationships and office dynamics. (The site is in its infancy, if you’d like to know more information, contact me.
If you’d like to know what Nine Star Ki says about your year ahead just send me an email. If you’d like to know which colors, designs and shapes support you and your relationships, or if you’d like assistance with design or Feng Shui, be sure to contact me.
Reading the energy of your spaces is just like wind-surfing, we have to learn the skill and then we can learn how to navigate the ever-changing energies around us, we can avoid the pitfalls/rocks and sail ourselves toward clear waters.